Can I TakeAny ActionAgainst My Husband Tobacco Habbits.?

Hello sir/ma'am, my husband is eating tobacco (chaini -a packet tobacco). And he was continuously lying to my since before our marriage. I came to know about this and his drinking habit of liquor after one year of my marriage (in 2017). From that time, I am continuously trying that he could leave these bad habits. I tried to talk my father -in -law also. But my father in law never listen to me. He just ignored all these things and said to me that- tumhara pati tumhara devta hai...wo jo karta hai thik karta hai. Tumhe usko bhagwan man na chahiye. I had already talked to my husband first, but he also ignored me. I have a 2.5 years old baby. From that time , I m continuously trying that my husband leav these habbits. But he is not listening me. He is diabetes type 2 patient. His dr. Has already warned him for this tobacco but still my husband is eating these things. What can I do now? Any legal action can I take so that he can stop eating these things?

Answers (1)

154 votes

Dear Madam,
First take your husband to marriage counsellor and health counsellor. Then get big insurance policy on his name and see thar regular payments are made. Thirdly, approach any NGO who take care of your husband for 30 days and reform him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."