Brother in law cheated us with money,marriage jewellery, absconding

In Family Law
Hi,\nMy husband's brother cheated us with around 50 lakhs and my jewellery which I got at my marriage, he used to extort big chunks of money by emotionally blackmailing my husband since beginning, after our marriage he asked my husband to force me to give all my jwellrry and money to him in the pretext of putting it in his locker.\nAfter 5 months he stopped talking to us, not responding to calls or meet at his home.\nIt's been 5 yrs now and we're actively pursuing it so he is threatening us by various means and now my father in law who is taking his side tells us that brother in law has taken loan against the locker as he is in financial crunch so please leave it.\nFather in law is playing emotional card, brother in law is threatening us.. \nWhat should I do now, we are working in Bangalore and they know that we wont be able to come to hometown again and again to pursue this, please help.\n. We have all the remittance proof of money which my husband use to send him from UK\n#Hindu

Answers (4)

84 votes

Hello Good morning well I'm Advocate Vivek Mishra according to your case you can complaint against you husband and father in law for further more query kindly contact me so that I can elaborate you in proper manner thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

229 votes

Dear Client, In that case you should file a case before concerned police station and if not lodged before PS then approach Court for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case Advocate Anurag Bhatt Allahabad High Court.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
62 votes

The first option you had already availed ; I.e family settlement of a Dispute ; now only thing that is left is legal remedies- for that you had to initiate with First information report to concern police thana ; if it is not done then through court - provide all Details to detail and specific Advice

205 votes

You have an option of lodging of F.I.R. at your nearest police station with all your grievances...But please if possible get your F.I.R. content prepared by me or my that a sound complaint can be your case is delayed one...
Kindly provide more details to me for further assistance....
Kindly call ot text me for that..
Thank You...

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."