Attempt to murder and threat to do it again

Dear sir/mam I am living with my old parents, my dad is retired and is not well, while my mom is physically challenged and are the victim. I have two sisters,both are older then us and one is married while other one is unmarried. They both are the troublemaker and want to ruin my family. On 7th Jan 2021 the oldest sister tried to kill my parents with a sickle. And have threatened us to kill my parents in near future. They have also been trying to bring our family name in society by putting false allegations and fighting in front of neighbors. Even the married one is not at all ready to visit her husband home. She has even created havoc in her husband home by beating him and his parents. They have some third party support on which they have become more worse. We have even tried to resolve the issue by making her visit to her husband home but she is not ready to go and continue to live with us for more than a year and Aya that she will not go and will ruin us. Kindly look into it.

Answers (3)

92 votes

Hello sir. I have perused your legal query. You have quite a few remedies available at your disposal. At the outset you can file a complaint for the offence of criminal intimidation which includes threat to life, property and reputation under section 506 IPC. You can also initiate proceedings under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. Most importantly you can initiate eviction proceedings under the Senior Citizens Maintenance and Welfare Act and the Rules made thereunder. Feel free to reach out to me in case you wish to discuss this in more detail.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

Its best to report the attempt to murder case because not reporting the same would lead to fatal consequences.
You can also file FIR under Section 506 IPC.
However, if you don’t wish to, You can file an informatory petition before the Magistrate or give a statement in the nearest police station in writing that your sister is threatening to kill your parents.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
195 votes

this is a case where you need to file an FIR immediately so that the police can take appropriate action as per law. the offences mentioned by you are all cognizable offences and the police might need to take the acused in immediate custody to avoid commission of a serious offence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."