Legal procedure to apply for passport as criminal case still pending

I wana apply for passport but i have a criminal case pending against me so i wana know the process to apply and successfully get the passport... Does i need any permission from the concerned court which is need to be submitted to passport office

Answers (2)

315 votes


Passport is a matter right for every citizen, so you will be entitled to get the same. But as you have a criminal record you need to obtain permission from the court at which your case is pending. Also you need to show cause as to why you require the same. Then only you could apply for online passport registration. Further for any help you could consult me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

You can apply for the passport as like others do in the normal course. The exception is that you need to declare in the passport application form that you have a criminal case unlike others. As of now there is no separate provision laid down to apply for passport for the person holding criminal suit pending!

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles