Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What if i wants divorce and wife does not?

What if i wants divorce and wife does not? And I have no child She's affair in past so that's why I don't want live with her What should I do

Answers (4)

Hi, you may file a divorce petition before the Hon'ble Court. There are lot of grounds to file divorce. Adultery is still a ground for divorce. For more information, feel free to have a word with me. All the best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

if she has affair Then why she don't want to get divorced .. talk to her about it that you want to release her from marital obligations .. and file a case for divorce Civil Court under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience

Dear Client,

If you want to divorce your wife, you may do so, She can also file case against you for maintenance , until she does not get married again.
She may file 498a case against you. She may file case for RCR.


Regarding your query.

Please note that you can initiate Divorce Proceedings against your wife even if she does not wish to do so. As you have mentioned, that she has indulged in affairs in the past, you can proceed to file for Divorce under grounds of 'Adultery and Cruelty'. However, it is for your benefit that if you are claiming adultery, it would be advisable to obtain proof of such assertions. It would be advisable to discuss this with a lawyer as your financial standing, her financial standing, and other matters are important to discuss before you undertake any such action.

However, you may completely proceed with Divorce in this instance. Feel free to touch base for further clarifications.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am born and brought up in Delhi and am married to a businessman in Mumbai. I have been married for 7 years. For the last 4 years I remained silent k…

Read More

My ex-wife had filed a divorce petition 2.5 years back. six months back a criminal case was registered against her and others under section 342,354A,5…

Read More

Hello.. m into distputes from August 2015 with my husband and father in law bcoz of my husband's extra marrital affair. I am married before 9yrs a…

Read More

My wife has file 498a in 2007, go acquittal in 2011 Aug. In 2013 she went to a tv channel and said i have made her undergo abortion due to girl in sca…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue