Want to file for divorce as he is drug addict and concealed his age

I'm 21 yrs old and my spouse is15yrs elder than me.. he lied and married me he is an drunker, drug addict.. can i divorce him without his signature after 1yr of marriage

Answers (4)

I'm 21 yrs old and my spouse is15yrs elder than me.. he lied and married me he is an drunker, drug addict.. can i divorce him without his signature after 1yr of marriage

You can go for divorce as you told of his behavior. The act /behavior done by him under the stage of drugs and alcohol, it amount to mental torture. On that ground your can seek divorce. For this his signature is not require.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You have to file a case for divorce against him in court on ground of cruelty, further you do not require his signature to get divorce the court will grant divorce based on the facts of your case and evidence, no need to approach him just file a case for divorce and permanent aliomny.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Lying about the age and habits that a person has before or at the time of marriage constitutes misrepresentation which is a ground for divorce. If the person is abusive and does not treat you well then it is also cruelty against you. These are both independently enough as grounds of divorce and a divorce petition can be filed and obtained. You have to provide witnesses and evidence of his malfeasence which will be enough.

Yes you can under cruelty you can get divorce . When was your marriage and place of marriage .? Are you living with him .. if you want to get divorce you can on ground of consealing the actual fact ..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

If I apply a case for councilling how strong the councilling is? When the call for councilling after applying case? For councilling 1 party can't …

Read More

I am Hindu. I was NRI since 6 years staying separately in India we married in Hong Kong both R Indian Both were divorcee we have no issue. Thru my Bro…

Read More

How can I get divorced with my husband? Years of marriage four years…

Read More

i am living in noida but can i file divoce case in delhi. case is also of ghaziabad district.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue