Procedure to file for divorce in case of forceful marriage.

I want to take divorce from my husband but every time he created different kind of situations that under family pressure I have to live with him. He doesn't care about his own family. He is addicted of drink gambling and escort. Many times he didn't come home whole night I have two children but they are not with me they are in another city with my in laws.I have no family support I m alone pls help me

Answers (4)

329 votes

you are living a very pathetic life. ti is the duty of your husbanc to look after you and maintain you. marriage is a sacrament . but if you have make up your mind not to live with your husband and he is not looking after you properly you can take divorce on the ground of cruelty under section 13 of hindu marriage act where certain conditions are prescribed under which a person cane take divorce. you can also file suit for maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

If you are not not feeling well with your husband then you can file a petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty. Before it you can also file maintenance petition against your husband and if he will no provide maintenance to her then you can file divorce petition on this ground too by consulting with your lawyer.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
56 votes

Dear client,
You have many options, Apart from filling Divorce petition, You can file a complaint UNDER Protection of Women from Domestic violence Act 2005 in which you can claim, Maintenance rights, residence rights and protection rights. You can also file Application Under Section 125 for Maintenance. But you if really want to get Divorce then, you can file It in District. Court in which District either your marriage took place or you both resided together or you have your residence. In this Divorce Petition also you can file application maintenance Pendente lite and also claim for litigation Expenses.

55 votes

You can file a divorce on the ground of mental cruelty and you can also file a case for maintenance against your husband and you can also get custudy of child from court.... law is in your favour you need a good lawyer

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles