Procedure to file for divorce as husband having extra marital affair

My husband having affair last 5 year.I want to take mutual divorce. We have no any other issues.please give me some advise.

Answers (5)

304 votes

Sure ma'am, you can file for divorce regarding the act your husband is doing from last five year. You can file for divorce under section 13 A of HMA and further you can also claim for maintenance & you can also proceed in criminal case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes

If your husband is having an extra-marital affair you have to prove it before court as a ground for divorce.
If husband also consent for divorce then a petition for divorce with mutual consent may be preferred before the court of competent jurisdiction.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
280 votes

For mutual divorce inform your husband, both of u should be agree on divorce points there should not be any allegation on either one . then petition is filed in family court with od, photo, address proof , marriage proof with help of lawyer.

92 votes

Well you can file a joint petition for divorce along with your husband but with out allegations on each other.
The said petition shall be presented jointly. There is a cooling period of six months minimum after which divorce shall be granted.

101 votes

If u have proofs regarding extra marital relationship by ur husband then its good to proof you.
And if ur husband is agree for mutual divorce then its very simple process to get divorce nd if not redy then its take time .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello, Can I get divorcee in case my husband has hide his past sexual extra marital affair, while we were in 2 years of relationship.. they broke up b…

Read More

First husband have affair wife file case .then wife having affair but wife don't do sex with her affair person Then what is the rules for wifes af…

Read More

My wife was having ex marital affair ,also we r joint family with mom and sister.she not behave properly with all of us I am having two kids more than…

Read More

My wife and her parents are falsly blaming me for physically abusing/beating her and my extra marital affair with one of my female friend. While these…

Read More