Procedure for annulment of marriage

02-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I registered a court marriage last year in December and still our marriage not performed as per hindu rituals and now we have decided to part ways. As it is less then a year and we cannot file divorce so can we file annulment to void this marriage or what can be done for the same as both have decided mutually about the same to get seperated as soon as possible. Religion - Hindu (for both spouse)
Answers (9)

Answer #1
761 votes
As you are saying you got your marriage registered, now you want to file annulment. First of all will have to see your documents and need to ask in details the facts of your case. And you can not file annulment in collusion
Answer #2
505 votes
Sir, your marriage is registered when you collecting the marriage certificate at that time what you show and we have to see frist your marriage certificate because it is registered in the court records or not if not then the is not happend if you not performed as per the HIndu rituals but kindly show the document first
Thank you
A. F. Faizi
Answer #3
500 votes
Yes sir
As you have mutually agreed to go for annulment of marriage within a year then you can go for the same.
You won’t be facing any problem regarding it .
For further information please contact..
Answer #4
550 votes
Sir as per law divorce cannot be granted before one year but as you said that you both wanted to get seperated from each other therefore you can apply for mutual divorce for getting divorce from the court.
Answer #5
895 votes
For the annulment of marriage, you need to file a divorce petition which can be filed either by the aggrieved party of mutually. As per the information, it seems you had been living separately for 8- 10 yrs. Which is a case of "Dissertation" a solid ground for annulment of marriage. It also seems to me that your wife has committed the offence of bigamy if she has married again in the existence of the earlier marriage.

You have a prima facie case in your favour. I would want you to contact me for detailed discussion of your case.
Please feel free to contact me.
Answer #6
601 votes
Yes, you can get a divorce either by mutual consent or on the grounds of desertion. There are few things you need to consider before moving ahead, as it's been 8 years since you are living separately. You should consult a qualified lawyer and discuss your case in detail. Don't worry, everything will sort out. You can remarry after getting your marriage annulled. As far as funds are concerned.. we will find a way. You can contact me, I will help you.
Answer #7
786 votes
Kindly read your question your self and re write as there is lot of confusion in this matter . You say you are married woman and then who is she who is already married and to who .so kindly reconsider as what you want to ask .
Answer #8
683 votes
if you have all the valid proof, you may file a petition for annulment of marriage. The court should consider your annulment petition. For more information, feel free to have a word with me. All the best.
Answer #9
575 votes
you can get your marriage nullified. as per Hindu Marriage Act, if a person is already married and without taking divorce again gets married to some other person, in such case the second marriage is void.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."