Procedure after received a divorce notice

Husband living in different city and not taking care of child properly and doesn't love her.she stays with my parents and I live in different city for my job.he forces me to leave job and stay with him but never spends his money for me and my daughter.he lives in a joint family and they all insist me to leave job and stay with them.I tried but they are too much greedy and demand dowry from me not even take care of my daughter so I am not leaving job and doesn't want to go there.he comes at my place and take away money from me.Now he says give divorce to him and make him free so that he can remarry.He has sent divorce notice what to do now?please help. Religion hindu

Facts are to be discussed throughly....your husband is working or non working....is you have filed any case before...against your husband.....he is in relation with another women.....is you have any proof....you can call me personally to redress your grievance...so i could suggest properly....

You should give reply of Notice through your Advocate and You should file a complain against your husband in Police station or court for cruelty and demanding dowry under section 498 a of IPC. If your husband file Divorce petition in court , you will oppos divorce petition. Your ground is so strong. Pramod kumar dani Advocate

Supreme Court of India, Delhi
Advocate Preeti Joshi

First of all we'll need to know if it's a notice from the court, because sometimes in rare cases people also send notice through an advocate as a prior intimation for instituting a suit.
If it is a court's notice, then the first and immediate step should be to file a transfer petition in the High court so that the case can be transferred from his city to your city so that you do not face inconvenience in fighting your case.
Then you'll also need to contest that case filed by your husband for the purpose of seeking divorce.
You can also avail other remedies like maintenance for you and your daughter, or under the domestic violence act, or under the criminal law depending upon the facts of your case.