quesProcedure after received a divorce notice

Husband living in different city and not taking care of child properly and doesn't love her.she stays with my parents and I live in different city for my job.he forces me to leave job and stay with him but never spends his money for me and my daughter.he lives in a joint family and they all insist me to leave job and stay with them.I tried but they are too much greedy and demand dowry from me not even take care of my daughter so I am not leaving job and doesn't want to go there.he comes at my place and take away money from me.Now he says give divorce to him and make him free so that he can remarry.He has sent divorce notice what to do now?please help. Religion hindu

  • ansFacts are to be discussed throughly....your husband is working or non working....is you have filed any case before...against your husband.....he is in relation with another women.....is you have any proof....you can call me personally to redress your grievance...so i could suggest properly....

    Advocate Brij Bhushan Singh

      Kuri Bhagtasni Housing Board, Jodhpur

  • ansYou should give reply of Notice through your Advocate and You should file a complain against your husband in Police station or court for cruelty and demanding dowry under section 498 a of IPC. If your husband file Divorce petition in court , you will oppos divorce petition. Your ground is so strong. Pramod kumar dani Advocate

    Advocate Pramod Kumar Dani

      District Court Campus, Udaipur

  • ansHi
    First of all we'll need to know if it's a notice from the court, because sometimes in rare cases people also send notice through an advocate as a prior intimation for instituting a suit.
    If it is a court's notice, then the first and immediate step should be to file a transfer petition in the High court so that the case can be transferred from his city to your city so that you do not face inconvenience in fighting your case.
    Then you'll also need to contest that case filed by your husband for the purpose of seeking divorce.
    You can also avail other remedies like maintenance for you and your daughter, or under the domestic violence act, or under the criminal law depending upon the facts of your case.

    Advocate Nitin Goklani

      Sector - 25, Jodhpur

  • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

, I filled for judicial separation in Delhi. I tried to a lot with my…
Hi. I have filed a case for maintenance against my husband of 33 yrs. i…

I left my matrimonial home on 15 February 2013 and filed a DVA in September…

wife committed adultery when I came to know she left after 3 months she came…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 18 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News