Mutual consent divorce under Special marriage act as we are Christiant

Mutual consent divorce was file in district court last year April 2019. But unavailability of judges on the specified dates and also not availability of the girl on the hearing dates as she stays out of town. The case is about to cross 18 months on 24th September 2019. The girl cannot come on 24th September and as per the present advocate handling the case, this case will be closed without any divorce for 2 reasons. 1. 18 months are going to end from the time we have file the case and there was no order passed within this period. 2. The girl is not appearing on the required date of final hearing. My request is to give me some suggestions 1. If this present case can be closed even if she does not appear. 2. She has earlier filed 498a against me and my mother but now it has been closed. So can she file another false case against us even when she is staying in a different city for more than a year. And if yes then is there any precautions that i can take so that b4 she files another 498a.

Answers (1)

331 votes

if your wife is backing out after filing mutual divorce then it amounts to cruelty and as such divorce can be granted upon proper representation if given in court, it is a matter of patience, you must have a good knowledge lawyer to take care of your case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles