Legal procedure to file for divorce

My wife does not take care Family well being & does not respect elders of the house & uses wrong language for them, so based on that can I get divorce. Religion : Hindu

Sir, if your wife is intentionally avoiding by not taking care of your family members and disrespecting your elders, you can directly file a petition against your wife in court for divorce in respect of judicial separation. For further help do contact me.

Yes, the situation as stated by you amounts to mental cruelty. It's a ground for divorce under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. First try to file mutual consent divorce because it is easier. Else it will contested wherein all parties will have to prove their claim in court.

Advocate Preeti Joshi