Legal procedure to file for divorce

My wife does not take care Family well being & does not respect elders of the house & uses wrong language for them, so based on that can I get divorce. Religion : Hindu

Answers (2)

Sir, if your wife is intentionally avoiding by not taking care of your family members and disrespecting your elders, you can directly file a petition against your wife in court for divorce in respect of judicial separation. For further help do contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, the situation as stated by you amounts to mental cruelty. It's a ground for divorce under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. First try to file mutual consent divorce because it is easier. Else it will contested wherein all parties will have to prove their claim in court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi I am working MNC and my job role got in abroad and traveling for that and also my divorce cases in Indian is running .So how to handle this from ab…

Read More

I want to get exparte divorce I live overseas. I don’t know where my wife lives now. My parents have expelled me from their property and everyth…

Read More

I am earning 25K per month and my husband earns 75k per month. I am in a verbal and mentally abusive relation. I want to seek legal help. we have 3yrs…

Read More

I dont like my, because her carcter is bad and he is warring me suisade. so i want divorce with him. i am suffering her. what is the procedure for div…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue