In laws harassing me for dowry. What can i do to protect myself?

I have been married for more than 6 years now and have been a victim of Dowry. From the very first day my in-laws have been demanding for Dowry. For the past 6 months this demand has been ever-rising. As I was about to report this, my husband vanished out of the scene. Soon I discovered that my Brother-In-Law had been protecting him by keeping him in his house.

I want to leave him but my family does not want me to take a divorce or even report this case. If things don’t work out by reporting the case & I would have to go back, it would only worsen the situation.

Do we have a way out of this?

The only option available to you is registering a criminal complaint against your husband or filing a petition for divorce or judicial separation.

You have a strong case in your favour and therefore we suggest that you should register a criminal complaint against your husband.

Apart from this you can approach a family member who can act as a mediator and try to resolve the issues either amicably or by exerting positive pressure on your husband and his family so that you can save your marriage with dignity.