I want a divorce & separation from wife

My wife wants me to separate from parents...putting false allegations to my mother & brother...what should I do

Answers (5)

223 votes

If you wish to stay with your parents and cannot tolerate all this and even your wife is not stopping all nuisance than you can go for divorce on the ground of cruelty. There is a judgment of S.C, any wife pressurizing husband to leave his parents amounts to cruelty. Even tortureing husband's parents also amounts to cruelty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

You can file a divorce against her on the ground of cruelty u/s 13 of HMA.
You should also file a complaint in the nearest police station for the mental cruelty inflicted by her upon you and your family.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
347 votes

You should file for divorce immediately before she files any legal case against you. You should further file for anticipatory bail if you anticipate that your wife may file a complaint against you and your family members for dowry. If your wife also wants to get separate from you, both of you can file Mutual Divorce as well.

330 votes

This is cruelty as per Hindu Marriage act 1955.It can be a strong ground for divorce if you pursue firmly and wisely, this is of course IF you want to divorce your wife. Nowadays Mother-in-law can also initiate DV proceedings against D.I.L.

109 votes

You can file petition under section 10 for judicial seperation before the family court by stating the fact or you can file divorce petition under section 13 of HMA before family court by stating the facts.
If your wife living seperately since last 2 years than desertion is also a sound ground for divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles