How to file for a divorce and get child custody

Hindu Married nov 2016 I need divorce we have 8 months baby too Is it Possible to get N with custody of my baby

Answers (5)

117 votes

During your have not mentioned your status in the said no proper guidance can be given....write in details something............................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

From the question it is not clear whether the wife has asked or husband. however, divorce and custody of child are two different issues. there are settled laws that the custody of child below the age of 10 is to be given to the mother as she can be the best care taker. unless it is proved that the mother is not fit for the purpose. divorce can be claimed on different grounds. if you are wife you can claim temporary custody of child in the domestic violence act proceedings. The best advice can be given only after the case details

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
198 votes

You can file divorce case in the appropriate court under the provisions of Hindu Marriage act by engaging the services of a lawyer. The case would be file in family court in District level. As regard the child

155 votes

Are you for husband or wife? Where you from? Which City? If its for Ahmedabad I can file your case in Family Court. You may contact me if you from ahmedabad or suburb area of ahmedabad. Generally 8 months baby remains with wife only.

188 votes

After completion of one year of marriage,you can take divorce as per Hindu marriage act.but child custody would be preferable to mother until the child is not completing five years of can get divorce but not the Custody of child if you are not a mother.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles