How to file a divorce against wife on grounds of behaviour

Mere Sadi ko 3 sal hone ko hai. Mere patni mere parents ko lekar bahut ladai krti hai me kya kr. Or kuch kaho to ulta answer deti hai.

Answers (4)

242 votes

Hello dear client,
Hon. Supreme court has granted a divorce to a man on the grounds of “cruelty” after his wife refused to share a home with her in-laws, effectively ruling that a married woman must live with her husband’s family.

Justice Anil R Dave, one of the the most senior judges in India, said the wife’s desire to leave her in-laws’ home was inspired by “western thought” and violated traditional values of Indian Hindus.

“In normal circumstances, a wife is expected to be with the family of the husband after the marriage,” stated the supreme court ruling, which also dismissed the wife’s attempt to kill herself as a plot to “torture” her husband and his relatives.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

237 votes

Yes you can dile a divorce Petition on ground of Cruelty against the husband over parents. Consult with a practising lawyer who deals in matrimonial matters. Divorce through mutual Consent will be obtained in six months and rest other cases no time period is provided.
Thank you!

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
102 votes

Hello, behavior is one of the basic and strong reason for the divorce, but when it comes to prove in court one find many challenges, hence always keep in mind if the ground of divorce is behavior, collect evidence against the behavior as much can be collected,court will consider the evidence than divorce decree will get easily.

227 votes

Agar apki patni apke parent or ghar walo ke sath koi bhi badtamiji ya maar peet karti ha to us aadhar par ap court se divorce file kar sakte ha. Agar ap sach me hi divorce chahte ha to dono party baithkar masla suljha le or agar dono party ready ho jaye to asani se divorce ho jayega. Nahi to ap ek side se bhi divorce file.kar sakte ha.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles