How can I get a divorce if my husband is not ready for separation

18-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I got married in 2004. Husband was involved in many affairs from the start. He got arrested along with a woman in 2012 for a bank fraud case. He is not of any support to me and my children. I am taking care of my 2 sons (13 yrs and 6 yrs). He is not ready for mutual divorce. How can i divorce him and move out peacefully with my 2 children?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
625 votes
You have all rights to file divorce in cruelty and adultry ground. With that you can also ask for intrim maintenance in separate petition for your kids and their education. You need not wait for mutual divorce.
Answer #2
969 votes
The Divorce shall be filed under proper act. The case of Divorce shall be filed at proper court. The court will sanction process and can be provided. The person has not mentioned about the right religion.
Answer #3
702 votes
Hi madam/sir. No problem madam if you not interest your marriage life you can file divorce against your husband for cruelty basic
Answer #4
692 votes
you can file a divorce petition before the family court under the hindu marriage act on the grounds of cruelty and adultery and by proving your case you can get divorce from your husband and also you can get maintenance for you and your children. approach a lawyer to file necessary divorce petition in the family court

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."