×

quesGot proper relief as prayed for. Now again filed case outside india.

a divorce was ordered in tamil nadu, two yrs before by the application filed by wife, in sub court of tamil nadu, order accordingly prayed for. Again wife filed petition in Singapore court for recovery of dowry. is it possible to file a case against husband in Singapore or not? What is the proper jurisdiction for the above case if it is extra territorial or not? Please clarify my doubt.

After divorce in India , no relation of husband and wife exists. Thus, subsequent petition is baseless. Courts at Singapore recognise Decrees passed by Indian courts. The alleged matter may be contested appropriately.

• ansAfter divorce in India , no relation of husband and wife exists. Thus, subsequent petition is baseless. Courts at Singapore recognise Decrees passed by Indian courts. The alleged matter may be contested appropriately.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• ansYour query is silent on following facts:
      1 what is status of divorce petition?
      2. Where did the party last resided after marriage?
      3 whether any complaint pertaining dowry or recovery of stridhan filed?
      4 where is the party currently residing?
      Please provide above facts then we can provide legal solutions

• ansYou have not mentioned as to where did the marriage took place,assuming it took place in Tamil Nadu,and the decree was granted in favor of the wife ,By which means she is recovering dowry,For any filling of case India would be the jurisdiction.No case can be filed in Singapore unless the marriage was solemnized there.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi