Ex-husband not paying monthly maintenance of child after divorce

I have been divorced by mutual consent on 13th dec '17. I have remarried someone else now. My ex husband didn't agree on giving adoption of my son to my present husband & he is also not paying the monthly expense for my child which is only Rs 1000 & will be increased to Rs 3000 from aug '18. He also has a visitation right but not even once after divorce he asked to see the child. Whenever I ask him to deposit Rs 1000 he asks for proof that where m i saving this Rs 1000.. Can i file a complaint against him for not depositing amount as i dnt want to go for court case again... Please help

Answers (5)

Dear concerned , there is a procedure
for compelling the ex husband to pay maintenance to your child. you would have to file an execution petition in the same court from which you have been granted divorce . There is no other alternative. Court will ask him to pay which he cannot deny .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

hello, I assume from your query that your ex- husband is not executing the clauses settled upon in the mutual divorce. In such a case , a police complaint will not help. You will have to proceed legally. For any further query you may contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Dear querist
I empathise with your problem and concern. I am assuming that the maintenance cost for the child formed part of the terms of settlement for mutual divorce. If your ex husband is not honouring the terms of mutual divorce, the remedy lies in filing for an execution petition before the competent court. As far as your not utilising his visitation rights, that's his personal choice and he cannot be forced on that front. Be that as it may, any further advice should follow only after having a look at your documents.

Thanks & Best wishes

Hello !!
In this situation you can approch and knock the door of court for the maintenance and you can ask day to expenses of your child .
He cannot run from his responsibility.
Accordingly he has to give appropriate and reasonable expenses for child..

Thank you

Before taking any action u need to be sure whether this was the condition written in your mutual divorce decree or not ? If yes l, then you can file execution and contempt of court petition to get the maintenance for your child.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My wife mentally tortures me a lot I want to file for divorce. but If I file for divorce she will file many cases like domestic and maintenance agains…

Read More

i am a hindu.i m living separate from husband as he deserted me and my kids.can I get maintenance and child support without filing for divorce.what wo…

Read More

If one men his facing problem from his wife's means can he get devorce without give any compensation to his wife & daughter…

Read More

my wife is planning to file a DV case against me. She earns around 52k per month and i earn around 80k per month. she wants 31k per month and 20 lakh …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue