Can wife claim maintenance from husband after divorce for her child

26-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I have been married for 9 years.my husband has been violent wen he drinks.he drinks a lot and harasses me verbally mentally and physically.we have a 6 year old daughter. Recently he broke my arm after drinking and I made a police complaint.he was taken to court BT was bailed out.police did not give me any copy of FIR and doesn't know who bailed him out.nyways I also approached CAW and they have given a date for counseling. He has left to another city where his parents live.he is not earning,but his father is supporting him and transferring funds which he misuses. If it ends in divorce will I or if not me my daughter is liable for maintenance?

Answer #1
Hello
Yes you will definitely get the maintenance from him for yourself and your child.
You will have to file maintenance case on behalf of both of you.
Also you will have to file case of domestic violence