Can I file a divorce within one year of marriage

I have got marriage 29-april-2018.I want to know should I file a diavoce or not bcoz my wife attitude is not gud with me or my family members even our views are not matched pls suggest

Answers (5)

189 votes

You can not file divorce petition before one your from date of marriage. This one year is for you to convince your parter and settle the things if your efforts fails to convince eacj other than you can file divorce petitin atet one year. For further infoation you can meet personally thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

209 votes

Usually divorce petition is filed after one year of service.However there is provision under law that Divorce petition could also be filed within one year of marriage
At this stage I would caution you that the law is pro women and she can file Domestic Violence,Dowery hurresment etc .Therefore be cauticious and must consult your lawyer first before taking any action

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
277 votes

Your marriage took place in April 2018,which has just happened for five-six file a divorce petition in the court,there should be a minimum of one year separation .due to less time you can not file a divorce petition and you can not divorce

80 votes

Dear client fastest way to get divorce is mutual divorce. But to ask mutual divorce one year separation is compulsory. In any case u cannot ask divorce before completion of one year of marriage or if you prove some specific grounds against your spouse then you can file. For detail legal assistance call me.

310 votes

Hi, in case of irreconcilable differences being there and the same persisting, divorce can be filed for, at any time.

In case of mutual divorce petition, the court grants 6 months period to both the parties to adjudge for themselves whether after elapsing of the six months also, the parties would still like to go ahead or have changed minds in the interim.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles