can disowned daughter in law file case?

From Nov 2019 to march 2020 daughter-in law lived with us. We suggester our son to move out, later my son and daughter in-law moved to rented property. I am thinking to disown my son and daughter in law as daughter in-law was giving us mental torture to all family members. Question is 1. Can she still file a DV case on parents as she lived for 4 months with us? 2. Is there any minimum period where daughter in-law should be separate from parents/matrimonial house, where the cases wont withstand, if filed? 3. Daughter in-law threatens to file cases against parents and husband, what can be done?

Answers (2)

104 votes

Your proposal is correct. Get publish in local newspapers and get issue a legal notice. 1 year is the limitation to file DV case. If filed you can get stay. DV Act is not so effective no punishment or fine can be imposed on you. Please Discuss.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

341 votes

if see files domestic violence case against her husband and her parents then you need to h take care need to engage any advocate kids from and you need to get a knowledge better immediately otherwise she will finle case in police 498 avoid your family member

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles