Advice in case husband filing for divorce without wife's knowledge.

I am Hindu and married for 7 yrs.My husband lives outside India and he has got into relationship with other woman and want divorce to marry her. I don't have any proof of affair but he has told me this over the call. i have 5 year old daughter and don't want to divorce him. What are options do i have and if he files for divorce how long case could go. Also he is not on proper work visa at Myanmar, what could be done to call him back to India. Also as per him his lawyer has suggest that he could get divorce without coming to India or appearing in court and if i don't appear in court of three consecutive time then case will be in this favor and he would be granted divorce . Is this possible in any way? is there any condition/ situation in law in which this could be possible? what could i do so that if case filed then it should go for multiyear and even if he outside India he has come to India for each hearing.Basically i wnt 2 buy time n wnt things 2 delay as much as possible.

Answers (5)

No need to worry there are lot of options in your favour. There are lot of legal remidies for you. He will not get divorce easily.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Your best option right now is to file a petition of restitution of conjugal rights which means when the court passes the decree the husband will be mandated to live with you and also in that case he won't be able to get divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

First of all your husband not come in the India he does not file the divorce petition and if you want to call your husband in India you have to go for a criminal complaint against your husband for his Visa..

Dear madam, plz do not panic. he cant get divorce , because in india many lwas in india favors ladies and court s always evaluate future of the child. Try to sought out this matter amicably. he cant get divocre without attending hearings.

you can file case in india against your husband in domestic violence act and sparate case for maintenance in u/s 125 cr.p.c. as for as filing divorce case is concern any couple can file where they last reside or where the marriage took place.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

hi my husband is having many extra marital affair with many ladies , he also admitted to me the same also promised me and given me in written in 3 tim…

Read More

My husband has sent a divorce notice last week stating that i have an affair and i get calls from other guys during midnights. He doubts that i have a…

Read More

I am an Hindu,married for almost 3 years and have a daughter of 1 1/2 husband deserted me for past 1 year since he has extra marital affair,o…

Read More

I got married one and half months back. However recently I have come to know that my wife and her parents lied to me and my family members before our …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue