Facing a threat on phone for writing bad review about a product.

Sir, I am in dilemma, don't know how to handle this issue as I have made a bad review on a product on indian consumer forum.in Now that company from which I have purchased product has threatened me yesterday night that "If you will not take your complaint back or remove that comment then I will misuse your personal data". He threatened me in abusive manner and gave me time of 1 week. I am very much in fear about this sensitive issue. Please help!!!!

Hello client,
Asper your query is concerned its very much serious in nature as well as i can directly say its an offence which is made by the company itself against whom you have written the bad review as per ur experience.in this case you should immidiately hire a lawyer who can draft a good complaint and file ìt in criminal court as well as the copt of same to also be provide while filling a consumer case also its urgent.
Thanks

Greetings!

Within the legal framework the company has no right to threat you or misuse your personal data. So, you be assured that you are within all your rights to share your bad experience and share with the public to make the public aware about the poor services/product.

Here your action should be to record all communications which can help the police in the case of a threat to register an FIR. If there is no threat then of course the police has little role to play. In such a case a legal notice to stop harassment is good enough followed by a complaint at the consumer court. There are relevant Acts which can be applied to take care of the offending company or their representatives.

My suggestion to you would be not to remove the review you have already posted. At the same time record all the communications between you and the party.

Rest based on the communications either you can approach the local police or seek legal assistance.

You not alone there is a whole community behind you.

Warm regards,

Kabir Hazarika, Advocate

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Hello

I have gone through your query.
In this we immediate have to draft a complant against the culprits before the appropriate authority.
Our legal team can assist you in filing and drafting that complaint.
For better consultation please revert.

Good evening,
How did he threaten? If on call then any recording ? If on text then please save the screenshot. And save your comment. We can send them a legal notice saying if you use missuse personal data. They will be sued pursuing the right to privacy judgement just declared