Texting unknown users on whatsapp to be friends whether a crime

I texted msg on what's app to unknown girl to be friend with me .first she said she won't talk to unknown people denying for twice .I tried to convince her that there is no problem in talking on what's app without revealing our indentities.she started asking me for photo which I denied to give .so she was going to lodge a complaint in Damini or police .I didn't use any abusive ,offencive,hurting words .I also said sorry and asked her to apologise me.. Did I committed a crime ?

Yes. She will register an FIR against you u/s 354(D) for stalking and relevant sections under the IT Act if you don’t stop being a nuisance. However, her responding to your messages with a pretty friendly manner as you put it will in turn weaken her case. So do not delete the chat.