Sold car to relative 17 years back. How to avoid misuse of it?

Hello, I have a relative who asked to purchase my fathers very old maruti esteem car 3 years ago for reselling. He paid my father 32K and said he will transfer soon. Somehow things kept delaying but my father passed away in May 2013. He took further 8K from me for registration but no more talking to me now and keeping the car. Car cannot be transferred now as it's around 17 year old. What are risk now for me if we don't transfer? I don't know if he is driving car or not. What can I do to save myself from misuse of car? I don't want car back nor bad relations with my relative.

See the car older than 17 years of age is not legally allowed to run on Delhi's road as per National Green Tribunal order. Also the said car is also not qualified for insurance and other thing. Now since your father passed away in the mid of the deal therefore legally either you or your mother would have inherited his properties including present car and any accident from the said car would also make you equally responsible. The answer shared herein is on the limited information provided by you and subject to perusal of your documents.. Thanks..

for that you can go to your relative and ask him why he has not transferred the car in his name. at the time when you sell the car you have done any receipt/agreement to sell the car to that particular name if this happen you can go to the authority and change the name because in that your father has signed after that there is no need to make any clarification.