quesHow to nullify complaint if compromise happened between parties?

How many days is an Non Cognizable Report (NCR) nullified in, if compromise is not done between the parties? Then how many days does it take to get cancelled? An NCR has been filed against my brother who is a teacher for disciplinary action by the parents of one of his students. 


What should we do if the NCR is pending since 8 months now?


  • ans


    In cases of NCR, Section 155 of the Code of Criminal procedure comes into play which states that no police officer shall investigate a non-cognizable case without the order of a Magistrate having the power to try such cases or to commit the case for a trial.


    Therefore, till the time investigation does not commence, you should just let it be. You can try speaking to a Police Station to get an update on the NCR.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

A childless married man proposed a girl and promised for marriage that he is awaiting…
Can I renew my passport when criminal cases are pending in high court of andhra…
I am on H1B. Me and my wife visited India for a small period. We…

I had a relationship with a guy for over 2 years which was a pretty…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly