can i get the NCR copy which is 4 years old

can i get the NCR copy which is 4 years old, i need the copy of NCR filed 4 yrs back coz i want to file a new complinat. can i get that.

Answers (2)

402 votes

Yes, you can request the police station through an application to provide you the NCR.

247 votes

you can try getting extract of NCR, registered before 4 years back. But it depends on the maintenance & preserving the records by the respective police station. You need to apply either under Right to Information Act or if you are a party to the complaint, then through requisition letter to that effect.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles