fraud of money by cheating and absconding

23-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
under what section of ipc a person can be charged who has taken money from many people in the name of setting up a company and promised to return the money with profit , and has absconded with the money and no such company exists in reality.can he be charged under section 420 ?nwhat else sections can be applied ?
Answers (5)

Answer #1
804 votes
if a person cheat some one or manipulate things that can be charged with the section of 420 ipc and that person promise to return money but he don't and he is an agreement than such person can be charged with sec 406 of ipc and the cheat or fraud with documents then 467 468 can also
then you can charged with sec 420 406 467 468 ipc
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
People also ask

How do I write a police complaint for money cheating?

Dear [Officer in Charge's Name], this is a letter to draw your attention to a serious incident that took place on [Date] around [Time]. I live at [Your Address] and the incident occurred near/at [Exact Location]. Here, describe the incident in detail. 28-Jun-2023

Can I file a case for money cheating?

You can either file a case of cheating, file an FIR at the police station, or file a suit for recovery against him. You can send him a legal notice demanding the money back. You can make a police complaint if he does not return your money.

What is the IPC for cheating money?

The Indian Penal Code has a section 420 that deals with cheating and deceitfully inducing the delivery of property. This section can result in a maximum penalty of seven years imprisonment and a fine.

How do you recover money from a cheating case?

Recovery of money: If the court finds that the accused is guilty, the court may order them to return the property or money involved in the fraud. You can also bring a civil lawsuit for recovery depending on the facts and circumstances.

Answer #2
861 votes
Yes you can file Money Recovery Suit and as per criminal case part is concern 419,420,467,468,504 and 506 IPC for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case Advocate Anurag Bhatt Allahabad High Court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #3
997 votes
agar apke pas koi evidence hai company ka or apne jo bhi paisa diya hai uski koi evidence to ap usske against 420 467 468 471 ka case file kar sakte hai saath hi ap apne paise ki recovery ke liye ek civil suit bhi file kar sakte hai jise apko apna paise refund ke liye mazbuti milegi
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
777 votes
he can be punishable under
for doing( fraud420, criminal breach of trust,406 misappropration of document467 468s,and use them for doing fraud471..,) ipc
you can file a petition under section 156(3) crpc for lodge your fir against him
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
745 votes
If Someone has taken money from many people's in the name of some fraud company which never exist and promised to return money with profit but currently absconding, Then you should file a First Information Report U/S 405, 406, 419, 420 Indian Penal Code at your nearest Police Station.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate may take cognizance after the police report and statement U/S 161 Crpc.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."