Clarification on complaint u/s 66b and 420 of IPC

FIR registered u/s 66b and 420. Complainant has not shown any papers as to who authorised them. Alleging that a US based company's games were stolen and that customer support agent has done it. However the same firm too is not commenting on it. The outsourcing firm's unscrupulous employees have filed case in the US based firm's name and claimed losses. No audit report, board resolution for authorising complaint available. Cyber crime- cell found nothing, yet FIR registered in different police station. Accused has interim relief. How can this be quashed and the frauds punished? The frauds are also demanding money as compensation with the help of police.

Answers (1)

Quashing petition has to be filled in the High Court on the basis of facts as mentioned here. The quashing of FIR and corresponding proceedings in the case will be quashed by the High Court if there exist reasonable grounds for it. The complainant although is not the Company but the outsourcing firm's employees on the basis of which FIR was registered. The first information report doesn't have to provided by the party directly affected by the offence and even outsider can provide the same to the police, therefore this may not be the sole ground for quashing FIR by the High Court. The other factors that can help in quashing petition need to be checked and than only any inference be made.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am facing a case filed by law enforcing agency. Crime relates to tendering and purchase in PSU. CVC advice says no irregularity. Department refused …

Read More

My yellow board car i have given on rent to some one who is taking car on rent..after 2 month he is not available to contact..try to contect over phon…

Read More

Hello, Have an outstanding loan with a bank from the UAE since 5 years now. The bank in question has approached the local police station where I resid…

Read More

I have a company in which I have given franchisees to people regarding education. The agreement was for 36 months and the break even period was 12 mon…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue