Can I appear for civil services exam if there has been a criminal case

I am in final year of my graduation I want to give civils a try but last my family including me got into a legal trouble my neighbor filed a trespassing, theft and physical abuse case on us than on February the case got solved as they compromised and took case back in LOK ADALAT,now will it create any trouble for me to when I give upsc exam? Someone please help me out with this

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge there is no problem at all only thing that you need to have that Lok Adalat Award Copy with you in case if anything asked you can produce the same before or at the time of interview or while submitting the papers once you have qualified for the same. All the Best and Good luck in the future endevour.

You can write Civil Services exam. Keep all your case papers safely for future requirement if any. Once you check with local police station that your case is closed. After getting selected in Govt Service you need to submit police clearance certificate.