Can I appear for civil services exam if there has been a criminal case

I am in final year of my graduation I want to give civils a try but last my family including me got into a legal trouble my neighbor filed a trespassing, theft and physical abuse case on us than on February the case got solved as they compromised and took case back in LOK ADALAT,now will it create any trouble for me to when I give upsc exam? Someone please help me out with this

Answers (2)

87 votes

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge there is no problem at all only thing that you need to have that Lok Adalat Award Copy with you in case if anything asked you can produce the same before or at the time of interview or while submitting the papers once you have qualified for the same. All the Best and Good luck in the future endevour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

215 votes

You can write Civil Services exam. Keep all your case papers safely for future requirement if any. Once you check with local police station that your case is closed. After getting selected in Govt Service you need to submit police clearance certificate.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles