Demand notice U/S 8 IBC issued by operational creditor

Our company is an NPA and is under restructuring from the bank and negotiations are on to make a one time of our op. creditors have issued a demand notice under sec 8 of IBC for insolvency resolution. Our case against bank is in DRT, till we work out restructuring.How should i deal with this demand notice?

Answers (4)

Firstly, make sure that you reply to the Demand Notice issued under Section 8. Secondly, you need to see as to whether the debt which is due to the Operational Creditor is a legal debt or not, meaning thereby, do check up if the debt is more than 3 years old or not, if it is more than 3 years old, you can take the limitation defence and reject the claim of the operational creditor. Further, if you are genuinely trying for restructuring you can put that forward to your Operational Creditor in reply to the demand notice. If the Operational Creditor is sensible he would not go ahead with the filing of insolvency Petition as he would occur unnecessary expense. You should not admit the debt at any instance, because if debt is you may have a weak defence at the time of Petition Stage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Demand Notice under Section of IBC received by you must be relied failing which operational creditor will initiate process for Corporate insolvency under Section 9. Well although negotiation between you and your banker is going on for settlement, operational creditors have nothing to do with it. We suggest to reply that settlement between your company and banker for restructuring loan is under process and hope to arrive at amicable settlement. We do not have any mala fide intention of not making payments to our valued creditors. We are always willing to make your payment once the settlement with our banker is arrived at, which we hope to complete very soon. We solicit your kind cooperation in our difficult times, which you as our valued creditor, have always supported in the past. We request you not to take any further legal action under any law of the land. We would be happy to meet you in person for a further discussion. Kindly let us know when can we meet for a discussion on the subject matter.

Thanking you,

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

DEAr in your matter u have to send reply of that notice within sufficient time limit and in that notice u have to put number of DRT matter and inform to creditors that process is still going on so now its court matter pending

Proceeding under DRT & under ibc is different the creditor can file an application under ibc even if there is any proceeding pending under drt
So if you want to deal with it can please consult an advocate he will advise you or you can contact me on my number

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Corporate Law Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 153 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Corporate Law issues
Conversion of a Partnership Firm into an LLP

4.6 | 51 ratings
Get hassle-free conversion of partnership firm into LLP through experienced professional in your city
Sole Proprietorship Incorporation

4.8 | 29 ratings
Get hassle-free Sole Proprietorship registration through experienced professionals in your city
Draft a MOA & AOA for your company

4.4 | 49 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - MOA & AOA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Conversion of a Sole Proprietorship into a Private Ltd. Co.

No Ratings
Get hassle-free conversion of sole proprietorship into private limited company through experienced professional in your city
Partnership Firm Incorporation

4.8 | 51 ratings
Get hassle-free Partnership Firm registration through experienced professionals in your city
Document Review - Partnership Deed

4.9 | 58 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Partnership Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Conversion of a Private Limited Company to an OPC

No Ratings
Get hassle-free OPC registration through experienced professional in your city
One Person Company (OPC) Incorporation

4.9 | 65 ratings
Get hassle-free OPC registration through experienced professionals in your city
Create a Partnership Deed

4.6 | 42 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Partnership Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Conversion of a Private Limited Company to a LLP

4.7 | 49 ratings
Get hassle-free conversion of Private Limited Company into Limited Liability Partnership through experienced professional in your city
Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Incorporation

4.8 | 92 ratings
Get hassle-free LLP registration through experienced professional in your city
Pvt. Ltd. Company Incorporation

4.9 | 109 ratings
Get hassle-free Private Limited Company registration through experts in your city
Similar questions

I am working with the company rachnasagar pvt ltd sice 1yr 10 month . Yesterder they told to go in there brother's offic to work . I told that i w…

Read More

Hi there I had a contract with a person to invest a said amount into the company on a share basis. Unfortunately they were able to invest only 1. 44…

Read More

I work as a Software Consultant. My colleague's friend from UK, wants me to work for an on-line IT project, in my free time. He says that he will …

Read More

My boss has given false promises that he will give me promotion which he hasnt given till now. Now that I have found a jjob outside he is not acceptin…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue