Seller after getting 95% amount denying to sell the property

MY father has paid about 95% to seller by cheque in seller account,but now seller says that he cannot sell the plot,according to agreement time expired today. Now how can i get amount back from seller

Answers (4)

87 votes

You tell me that what was the mode of payment?
Did your father go into any kind of paper work like agreement and all before making payment to the opposite party?
If you have done such things prior to payment then you can file a complain case before cjm.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

Dear Client,
In the present case, you need to file a complain petition under section 420 of Indian Penal Code in the concerned District and Session's Court. Along with complain petition, attach all the documentary evidences that can show that you paid the amount.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
349 votes

AAP pahle cheque love apne bank account me dàaliye and after that jab bank se certificate mil Jaye to aap cheque bounce ka case court se Kar dijiye according to ni act aapko amount double milega air admission ke based 50 percent amount mil jaega

281 votes

hello dear
as your father has paid about 95% to seller by cheque in seller account you have a documented proof of doing so
i can provide you a better advice after going through the copy of agreement between you and and seller,
since the copy of agreement is not available here,
i will advice you to send a legal notice to the seller, you can easily draft a legal notice by consulting any lawyer.
the better if you provide me a copy of your agreement
thank you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir/mam My Airtel Sim stopped working a few months back ,but Airtel store refused to provide duplicate Sim stating that there is a spelling mistake an…

Read More


Read More

I had taken loan for car..I gave my instalments and couldn't continue for some month s ..and after sometime bank deducted without my consent 1 lak…

Read More

Hello Before a year; I've taken loan of 65,000 against the 50.20 gm Gold at HDFC Bank, with the same bank i was using the Credit Card, the same w…

Read More