Procedure to send legal notice to builder

I have to send legal notice to builder who cheated many buyers. No construction for prelaunch since last 5 years. How can i send legal notice to builder.Can it be on plain paper and send via post.Also builder office is closed permanently and they are in jail. Where should notice be send so that i can start consumer court case. Please suggest

You can send legal notice to their house address also if office is closed.You can send it in normal paper through registered post to initiate legal proceedings at consumer court. Feel comfortable to meet me with documents if you need help

Sir,
As you informed, you have cheated by the builder. Please give regular notice to the same address from where you had your transaction stating all the details of transaction. Once they failed , to perform then consult a advocate and issue the notice through him.

You are free to send a notice to builder without going to an advocate and there is no particular form to it. My advice to you is not to demand refund of amount now. But this is not a legal notice. Only a notice issued by an advocate is a legal notice.