Procedure to send legal notice to builder

I have to send legal notice to builder who cheated many buyers. No construction for prelaunch since last 5 years. How can i send legal notice to builder.Can it be on plain paper and send via post.Also builder office is closed permanently and they are in jail. Where should notice be send so that i can start consumer court case. Please suggest

Answers (3)

236 votes

You can send legal notice to their house address also if office is closed.You can send it in normal paper through registered post to initiate legal proceedings at consumer court. Feel comfortable to meet me with documents if you need help

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

As you informed, you have cheated by the builder. Please give regular notice to the same address from where you had your transaction stating all the details of transaction. Once they failed , to perform then consult a advocate and issue the notice through him.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
258 votes

You are free to send a notice to builder without going to an advocate and there is no particular form to it. My advice to you is not to demand refund of amount now. But this is not a legal notice. Only a notice issued by an advocate is a legal notice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles