Documents required to change my address in my consumer forum case

Hi, I need to change address in my case. please give me relevant documents so I can accomplish the same. I have struggled a lot to know about various document formats, it would be great if I can be guided to the complete set of documents. Thanks a lot. Regards, 

Answers (2)

249 votes

For Consumer forum, you can file simple letter and intimate court about your new address.

Or you can file Purshish regarding your new address.

All provisions of Civil Procedure Code not applicable to the Consumer forum so you can make simple intimation letter in your words also no specific format is required.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

With the given information I would recommend filing a pursis before the forum. A pursis is simply a written note making aware the court of certain information. Write a pursis stating there is a change in your address, write the previous address and the changed address, support your pursis with address proof documents like Aadhar, Voter ID, Electricity bill or Bank Passbook or passport reflecting the previous address and the changed address.
For illustration purpose, you can provide Electricity bill reflecting previous address and electricity bill reflecting present address. Similarly, any of the above document wherein the change has been recorded can be produced.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles