Complaint against a mobile telecom operator

I wanted to port out my number from Airtel to BSNL (Kerala), the only reason for the port out is a plan that provided bsnl kerala worth RS 153, and i called their customer care on 22nd January and they confirm that the plan is still there, because usually bsnl kerala change plans in every month, so i submitted documents on 23rd, and sim was activated on 31st January, after that i called them again and asked for that plan, they told me that the plan was cancelled from 18 January, and i checked bsnl kerala fb page, there they uploaded new plans details on jan 25th, So is there any way to complaint against them

Answers (3)

242 votes

your relation ship as a consumer of BSNL started only from 31st of January. Hence you cannot compliant about a plan of BSNL which was cancelled earlier than your activation. There is no meaning in filing a complaint based only on a confirmation said to be made by a customer care executive..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

First you send a complaint to BSNL seeking compensation for the agony caused to you and you must wait for a reply for 30 days,if reply is not provided OR not satisfactory and if BSNL not providing you compensation, there after proceed with Consumer Court case at your District.


Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
232 votes

There is no scope for a consumer case as such. But u can file a complaint stating that the connection was ported on the basis of the plan and the bsnl had assured you to give that plan. On the basis u had ported the connection

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles