Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Bank occupies flats financed to buyers due to builder being bankrupt

hello i have a flat in a building project and we are 300 buyers and our project owner builder have loan on tht project and that project is financed to customers through sbi icici bank and our builder become bankrupt does bank have rights to occupied the flats of tht project which is financed to customers???

Answers (4)

Yes bank can occupied the flats of the project which is financed to customers, such type funding should be done on written permission to mortgage from sbi icici bank. Although you may complaint before consumer court or another court/s, criminal & civil.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello it depends on the agreement done between you all plot flat holders and between the builders you can file a complaint at consumer forum or civil court or in rera. For further enquiry just call US

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

Dear friend the answer of your question is yes bank have a right to occupied the project but I have a solution for you if you all buyers who take loan on their flats can talk to bank that "if they can appoint another builder and give him a responsibility to complete the project and once project is complete bank will sell out all the falt and give him some amount to that builder so your problem will solve cause bank motive is to recover his money .after all if the project is close bank also have bear the loss. Second thing you all can go to consumer court for recover your amount but if your current builder is really bankrupt how can you get your money from them. First you all have to search weather he is really bankrupt or not.

Bank can cease the property of Builder but not the individual buyer's. . . . . . .

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

The developer is not providing penalty as per the agreement. Also he has changed the salable area without any basis. I want to know - Can I file cheat…

Read More

I purchase 1BHK in Nashik in Dec 2011.I paid full payment of flat before possession. But he do not make society registration & sale deed of all me…

Read More

i bought a flat where i paid for cover parking in cash. they gave me an open parking below the flat and are not co-operating with us. they say i have …

Read More


Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue