How to get judiciary documents related to the civil case of my in-law

I want to get judiciary documents related to the civil case between my mother in-law and her brothers. Case is already disposed. So please suggest me how to get it fast and with less cost?

Answers (4)

232 votes

You can file an application quoting the case number, date of disposal in the concerned case. Along with an application you will have to file an affidavit or you can file it thru., your mother-in-laws advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

62 votes

You have to approach your contested lawyer or els, Contact any advocate they will get it for you in two days. And you have to provide the case details like case number and year, which state and district etc. And regarding cost it depends upon advocates service and court fee. U don't worry about cost its reasonable.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
119 votes

Make an application for certified copies of documents. You will get it. If you are not a party in the case, then you need to file a third party affidavit along with your application. Only copies of the marked documents would be furnished to you. However, you would be at liberty to see the file and see the entire file without any cost. Copying charges per sheet is Re. 1/-. For doing anything stated above, you must know the case number, year of the case and the court where it is filed.

102 votes

In this case you have to file an application for urgent certified copies and along with the application you have to file an affidavit as you are not the party to the case, and by paying the prescribed fees you will be able to get the copies, further is your mother in law wants the documents she too can file an application for urgent certified copies and get it, if you are applying in your name then you have to file an application along with affidavit mentioning the reasons as to why you want those documents

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles