Can execution petition on gifted property be challenged

Hi Experts, My father took 10 lakhs rupees from a guy. We were paying interest. Suddenly he pressurized my father to pay the entire amount. Last year, the guy filed a OS case and it was decreed and He filed a EP to recover the amount against to my father Home property. The property was gifted to my father from his elder brother. Currently the property is in bank (mortgage loan) and am paying the interest, EMI every month to the bank. Now my queries are below. 1) Is it the bank allow for auction as it’s a bank property(mortgage loan) ? 2) Is there any possibility to stop EP as it’s a gifted property ? 3) Any other ways to secure the property ? Please help me. I need your guidance to secure my property. Regards,

Answers (1)

174 votes

You may file an application for seeking the extension of time for payment on the ground that you have already taken a loan on the said property and the same has been mortgage before bank and requesting the Hon'ble Court that you are ready undertaking in the form of an affidavit before executing court that you will pay the said amount within the stipulated period.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A false case is filled u/s 506&509.The accused got acquittal by Junior First Class Magistrate in Junior Civil Judge Court.The accused name got def…

Read More

Dear Sir , There is a property in Delhi. The Owner is Lets say Mr. A. There is an arbitration award in favor of Mrs. A in the year 1950. After the arb…

Read More

I've bought an acre of agri land in Karnataka through my income. I've proved my agricultural background as mandated by state govt. Also, there…

Read More

This case SLP(C) 26254-2015 was between P.Suresh and the State of Tamil nadu..In this the Honorable Judges have ordered the refund of of excess amount…

Read More