Who will get the custody of children in a divorce case

My wife has filed the divorce petition , marriage total 8 yrs, I have 3 yrs old daughter.... Kindly I suggest me whether i can get the custody of my daughter & should alimony amount is applicable as wife has filed the divorce

Answers (4)

258 votes

Custody of child to be given to whom i.e. husband or wife depends upon facts and circumstances of a case. Sometimes court also considers statement of a child. So far as alimony amount it depends upon reason of divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

As per the query has been asked by you I would like to tell you that custodian of a child is first with his or her mother but in case if you prove that she is mentally disordered or there is threat to the child in her custodian then court may give him to you.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
82 votes

Being a father u will have full right to meet with ur child even ur divorce.as far as Questidon of mainenance you will have to pay maintenance till her next marriage and mother shall have full right to custody.

314 votes

You can apply for the custody of you 3 year old daughter and if you have strong grounds then you may be granted with the custody of your daughter. As far as the alimony is concerned your wife can claim alimony while filing for divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I need help to fight a wrongful mediation agreement, and to file a SLP in supreme court. The mediation agreement is the result of my wife's habeas…

Read More

My brother-in-law died in a train accident on 23 April 2014, and my sister left that house after a week with a 2 year old kid and no property at all. …

Read More

We are family of four with 4years girl child, whom my mom-in- law abuses and provokes my husband to punish her for very silly reasons. As Iam working …

Read More

My Wife left house in feb 2017 .she left my elder daughter with me. We are in contact through ph till aug 2017 . Neither she planning to come back nor…

Read More