Procedure to take child custody if husband threatens to take divorce

My hasband want diveorce after 10 year of marrage & want my 7 year child custady to my hasband bt they dont give me my child even he is not allow to talk to him so what i do

Answers (2)

If you both are mutually decided to get divorce then you must mutually decide to get the custody of child
If the divorce petition is not mutual then you can file a petition under guardianship act for the custody of your son

For any kind of legal support and law services kindly contact us at advocate gurchal and Associate law services Bhosari Pune

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can file application simply under section 97 of CrPC. If he he had unlawfully detained. But if kid wants to live with father even after that you can claim parental custody. He can't detain him. If child can't leave without you, in such situation court will allow custody to you and he will get parental visit.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I m a permanent Central Govt teacher. My husband is an Army officer from whom I wish to get divorced. We hv a 6 yr old daughter. I want her custody. W…

Read More

I am Christian married to a Hindu man. Our marriage was not legally registered it was a arya samaj mandir marriage. We have a son who is 6years old no…

Read More

Can access be started after a gap?The daughter's custody is with father,initially the mother maintained her access,bt due to financial problems wa…

Read More

Hi if the child, 8 years old, wants to stay with father/in-laws can mother seek custody? As the child needs to be taken care of in all aspects being a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue