How to seek legal document of child custody from father

14-Apr-2023 (In Child Custody Law)
Issue of a muslim working women divorced, having a girl 14 years of age. She has to travel abroad for work for a period of 3 years. The problem is that the child is with mother and she does not have the legal document of child custody and the girl can not travel with the mother because she is a minor. The father has not been in contact since 13 years. How do we proceed to get the legal document for child custody. The mother does not with to file a court case as she will be abroad for her work.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
986 votes
You can file case by taking a GPA to the nearest relative for custody of child. Or the case can be filed by the mother and the GPA can proceed with the case further. The father details have to be furnished to court to send notice. Was any complaint given if the father was missing or not. Call us through website for assistance

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."