Custody of child about to be born because father is abusive

Dear sir, I have a child who will be born on feb 2018. I need a legal consultation regarding the child. The child"s father is a drunkard and he lives with me in my mother"s house. He usually quarrels and hits and always telling me that as soon as the child is born he will take the child and run away. Please suggest about the child custody policy. I do not want divorce from him. I just want him to live seperately and do not bother in the upbringing of my child. I want full legal custody of my child. Kindly suggest.

Answers (1)

143 votes

Till the age of 4 years you will be treated natural guardian of your child. No one can take your child. After that your husband will have to file suit for custody. As far as divorce is concerned you can seek legal separation without getting divorce. By this your relationship will be legally treated as husband and wife with all rights as wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles