Custody of child about to be born because father is abusive

Dear sir, I have a child who will be born on feb 2018. I need a legal consultation regarding the child. The child"s father is a drunkard and he lives with me in my mother"s house. He usually quarrels and hits and always telling me that as soon as the child is born he will take the child and run away. Please suggest about the child custody policy. I do not want divorce from him. I just want him to live seperately and do not bother in the upbringing of my child. I want full legal custody of my child. Kindly suggest.

Till the age of 4 years you will be treated natural guardian of your child. No one can take your child. After that your husband will have to file suit for custody. As far as divorce is concerned you can seek legal separation without getting divorce. By this your relationship will be legally treated as husband and wife with all rights as wife.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers