Can husband be granted visitation rights if he is an alcoholic

I am a Christian and its a matrimonial question. I am currently undergoing divorce , 2 hearings are over , but my husband has recently filed a petition to see my daughter (5yr). He is a thorough alcohol addict and it is not possible to stay with him . Cannot allow my daughter to be with him for even a minute. His petition is to keep my daughter with him in his house for a month during his vacation. First hearing of this case is over and the court wishes to review the case and has kept a second hearing on the coming 9/4/2018. In case the judgement goes in his favour then will my baby be immediately sent to him? because in the event this should take place , I wish to appeal to the high court .I am currently working in Dubai and my mother in India is representing me as I have given her the power of attorney . The case is being fought in kerala and my husband is in kerala too and I have trust in my lawyer but would like a second opinion.

Answers (2)

Dear Client,
Be cool. The court won't send the child with your husband. You mother is supposed to bring the child if the court orders for interaction, which will last only for 2 hours, if your mother did not comply with the order problems will arise. Leave rest of the matters to your advocate.Be cool and leave the rest pf the matters to your advocate. Since it is a public forum, I have limitations in detailing the point.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Trust ur lawyer lawyer n he will guide u through. Anyways since u asked. The custody application doesnt mean the court will straight away swnd the child to the petitioner. A five year daughter has least chance in geting the fathers hands if u clearly proves the alcoholic nature before court. Furher the position tat currently the mother is abroad and child is left with grand parents gives him a window to claim custody. In my view the court will grand a mingling session or some hours to interact with the child at court premises. I think it wil be wise to allow the child to mingle with father abt 2 hours within court premises. Also train ur child not to allow to go with father to his house. Her opinion is all it takes in case of custody applications.

Hope am upto ur query

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My in laws take away my daughter after my wife's death due to severe u identified infection after delivery of my baby girl six years Ago in 2013. …

Read More

Hello Sir, I have married an old friend (let's call her NB) who has a child from a previous live in relationship. It was an abusive relationship w…

Read More

I recently got divorced in December 2017 and now my ex-wife is not allowing me see my baby, I want to see my baby once or twice a month and spend time…

Read More

As I m staying in laws house and I want my daughter custody and expenses.i m working women and I want divorce also what step I should do .my husband n…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue