Can a husband get custody of her two years daughter

In Child Custody Law
Sir/Madam, i want to ask that my baby girl is 1year and 6 months old. But my wife want divorse from me. Can i take proper custody of my baby?

Answers (1)

241 votes

As per the law the custody of the child till the age of 5 years will remain with the mother. But you can file the case for custody of your child if your wife is not competent to take care of your infant daughter financially, mentally or physically n your daughter is not safe in your wife's hand etc. Than you can get the custody of your child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles