Audio evidence recorded on phone but not a call recording

I have recorded some abusive behavior of my inlaws using the record option in my phone. (The conversation took place in person and is not a phone call). Is this admissible as evidence in court. Should I transfer it to a CD and submit in court? Should I separately prove its authenticity ie its not tampered and the voice is of my inlaws etc. How do I prove this

Answers (2)

350 votes

Your recording of audio should synchronize with the petition averment for the case you refer. Only when your complaint in the

petition tally with your audio recording the court may admit such evidence . Normally court doesn't admit audio voice, for the

simple reason very often it is very often either imitated or tampered to suit the convenience of the contesting litigants.

For more information please contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

Yes, it s admissible in evidence as per section 65A of the Indian Evidence Act read with section 2(1)t of the Information Technology Act. But the condition that voice of the alleged speaker must be duly identified by who regognise her voice. The acuuracy of the voice record have to prove by you by the satisfactory evidence and circumstantial. You have to transfer it to the CD by the authorised centers because I future you may called them as witness. In your affidavit you have mentioned all these incidents clearly and to have state about the audio record. Then only you can use the same during the court trial.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles