About Taking Custody Of My Male Child

In Child Custody Law
I m the petitioner and filed RCR against my wife n we have 2 years old male child...after sending legal notice to come back to matrimonial home she had replied through her advocate that she want maintainence n 1st hearing was scheduled on March 26 but due to lackdown I e my question is my wife is highly qualified and working based on this can i avoid paying maintenance and child alimony...I m ready to take the responsibility of the child but he should be with me I don't want to pay her child alimony...from 2 years we r not living suggest me how can I avoid paying maintenance and child alimony and as now I m unemployed searching for job....please suggest me how to overcome this problem...

Answers (1)

173 votes

You are bound to pay maintenance to child but you can avoid paying maintenance to her since she's earning. You can file seperately a petition for custody of child. Even though you are unemployed court will award nominal maintenance. Please contact me for further guidance since you are complicating your issues which is in hand.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles