Relief as summons for cheque bounce received from finance company

I got a summon u/s 138 of in act from pvt finance company. How I relief from this? & what can happened with me in future?

Answers (4)

292 votes

your query is not clear. As court procedure after initiation of a complaint case U/s 138 of N.I Act by a complainant the Court upon satisfaction of the said complaint may be pleased to issue summon upon the accused to appear before the Ld.court to answer the charge of offence. here you say that you received summon from the private company .the said company may sent you demand Notice to make payment of the amount of the bounced cheque within Fifteen days on receipt of the said Notice in default the company for realisation of the said amount shall initiate court proceeding against you U/S 138 ,N.I Act within a month from the date of receipt of Notice by you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

86 votes

Proceedings under Sec 138 NI Act are quasi criminal in nature. If found guilty, fine as double as the cheque amount and imprisonment upto 2 years is the statutory penalty that may come your way.
Remedies cannot be suggested unless the case history is known.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
309 votes

Its not clear from your query that whether you received summons from court or notice from finance company. If you have received notice then you can send a reply and if you have received summons from court then you need to take bail

320 votes

You need to take bail or police will come and arrest you... you need to take bail from the respective court from where you got the summons... and later on if the amount is huge you need to pay... the only thing that in the meantime we can do for you is to delay the matter...

Adv Rahul

P.s- contact us through Lawrato and to delay the matter and to get bail, otherwise police will arrest you...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Is amendment in complaint under sections of 138 and 141 NI act possible if yes upto what extent and at which stages of case can it be done what type o…

Read More

Mene bank loan lene ke bad bilkul nhi bhara bank mere upar 420&138 dhara ke tehat court case kar diya me cort me nhi tarikh par nhi gya ab mujhe k…

Read More

Sir , I have filed case under sec 138 but in between party approached me & promised me of paying the amt within 2 mts and an agreement was made me…

Read More

i had bailed some one against his arrest warrant for the ipc 138. what will happens to me if he fails to appear in the court ?…

Read More