Presented a cheque in a bank which got bounced, legal ways to deal

my relative gave Indian bank cheque to my mom, mother dropped cheque her saving account Indian bank, a cheque is bounced due to the insufficient amount. my question is bank not giving return memo or statement to us how do we get proof to file a case

Answers (4)

You should insist that the Bank give Return Memo. Only if you hve return memo, you cn file cheque return case. If you talk sternly they will give you the return memo.If you are in Chennai you can contact me for further advice and assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The concerned bank has no right to do that. They are bound to provide a memo stating the reason for bouncing the cheque. You can either lodge a complaint against the Manager to zonal and head office or approach a Consumer court for monetary damages, or file a complaint to Ombudsman.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

If you have the bounced cheque with you you can send a lawyer notice with the relevant documents to the person who issued the cheque for the transaction .The bank's written copy is not necessary .

The bank should give the return memo along with the cheque. After getting the return memo you have to send legal notice to the party. If the bank is not giving the return memo pls contact me for further action

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello. Can we deposit the cheque for a second time in bank after it has been returned and sending notice under S-138. What is the time period to file …

Read More

I joined my Partner Business in 2008 where he was un able to give his attention to business due to prior commitment. We entered in a verbal agreement …

Read More

I have cheque , But i am afraid that it will bounce. it seems he is leaving the city what the action can taken?…

Read More

Can anyone file a case or issue a legal notice to someone if the cheque bounce one time or the cheque has to be produce second time and then again bou…

Read More