Presented a cheque in a bank which got bounced, legal ways to deal

my relative gave Indian bank cheque to my mom, mother dropped cheque her saving account Indian bank, a cheque is bounced due to the insufficient amount. my question is bank not giving return memo or statement to us how do we get proof to file a case

You should insist that the Bank give Return Memo. Only if you hve return memo, you cn file cheque return case. If you talk sternly they will give you the return memo.If you are in Chennai you can contact me for further advice and assistance.

The concerned bank has no right to do that. They are bound to provide a memo stating the reason for bouncing the cheque. You can either lodge a complaint against the Manager to zonal and head office or approach a Consumer court for monetary damages, or file a complaint to Ombudsman.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

The bank should give the return memo along with the cheque. After getting the return memo you have to send legal notice to the party. If the bank is not giving the return memo pls contact me for further action