Precautions to be taken for a fake cheque bounce case

23-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
We had issued cheques of Rs 40 lacs to my friend for temporary loan we required for business but he was not responding after that we stopped the cheques but 4 days he presented the cheques .. what should we take steps to proceed , there was no dealing of money nor we given any hundi or any written agreement .. please help , still no legal notice received by us .. 
Answers (3)

Answer #1
978 votes
Wait for legal notice, thereafter defence can be decided. . .
Answer #2
918 votes
You dont need to worry. It is necessary that he proves the transaction. If no such transaction is proved then he will not be able to show this money as a valid debt or liability.
But as a matter of precaution please file a complaint mentioning the exact facts.
In case of any further assistance do contact me. Will guide you through it.
Answer #3
810 votes
As per your enquiry you are saying that you had issued a cheque and stopped payment, as per legal position no one can stop the payment after issuing cheque specially for those cheque which is disputed , if you closed your account by which cheque has been issued that can help you otherwise the view of the court is completely against you.

As per your enquiry I will advise you that you go before the concerning police station and give the written application by saying that you have lost your disputed cheque and it is possibility of misuse so kindly proceed and then go before the bank manager and tell him that you have lost your cheque and kindly closed my account, it can help you and do fast before receiving legal notice from other side.

I hope this advice will help you to understand face the problem. If any other enquiry or any confusion you can again post the enquiry on my account

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."